19 December 2009

In My Kit - Makeup Essentials

Wow, my blog has been neglected for the past week and I apologize. I wish I had something to say about the week that I wasn't around, but all I've really done is shop and hang out with my grandparents. Now, onto the post. I just wanted to apologize to the 5 people left reading this.

On other corners of the internet and daily, I always get asked questions about what makeup I wear, and how I do my makeup. Honestly, I'm pretty sure my "technique" is made up, but I can (with confidence) tell you about the products that I use. I believe there are 5 items every girl needs in their kit. The rest is just filler and "festivity".

#1 - Concealer

What: Lancome Maquicomplet Concealer/Cover Up.
How: Apply to areas of imperfection and blend to achieve even skintone
Why: Lightweight, Full Coverage, Non-drying
Honorable Mention: Lancome Effacernes (technically an "under-eye concealer")

#2 - Foundation

What: Make Up Forever HD Foundation
How: Apply with the brush of your choice (I use the Sephora Airbrush Brush) and blend!
Why: Lighweight, Easy to Blend, Liquid, Consistency
Honorable Mention: Diorshow Airflash (but who wants to spend $60 on foundation!)

#3 - Powder

What: Make Up Forever HD Powder
How: Shake it out, brush it on, look at that finish!
Why: it's a translucent powder so it just kind of meshes with the color of your skin. yeahhhh!

#4 - Blush

What: NARS Super Orgasm blush
How: brush it on and shimmer
Why: gives you that nice glow and has sparkles. everyone loves sparkles (for the non sparkly among us, try regular Orgasm blush)!

#5 - Mascara

What: Diorshow Blackout Mascara
Why: IT IS MY ONE TRUE LOVE
Honorable Mentions:Benefit BadGal Lash, Smashbox Lash DNA, Givenchy Phenomeneyes


I also can't stress this enough, makeup takes time and practice! Here's a secret for all of you that don't believe that this stuff doesn't come over night: I recently cried in Sephora with one of my makeup artists because I couldn't do a smokey eye, now, about 9 months later -- I can do it (but only because I spent many a night in my mirror experimenting with colors and techniques and watching youtube ladies giving me the game)!

No comments:

Post a Comment