06 December 2009

In my Kit - Skincare

It's my philosophy that you don't need to overload your face with fixer-uppers (well really, this philosophy is intellectual property of the woman responsible for fixing my skin - Dr. Paula Moynihan). Lately, I've been getting a lot of questions about how I weatherproof my face and how I've evened out my skintone. This, my friends has a simple answer - I have a good skincare ritual.

Much like the rest of the world, I am acne-prone/comboskin/pore-problematic/etc. Let's face it, no one is born perfect, but luckily, all of these problems are fixable. I've gone through a bunch of skincare rituals, but i've finally found one that works. I'm going to highlight the products that I use, but remember that everyone is different and it's going to take awhile to master your own routine.

So, What's in my skincare essentials kit?


#1 - Exfoliating Face Wash

What: Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash (you can use this on your body too, fyi!)
When:At Night (3 -5 times a week)
How: With Warm Water! Keep Scrubbing until it stops feeling "scratchy"
What About When I Don't Use it?: Just Wash Your Face with Mild Soap and Warm Water!


#2 - Toner

What: Caudalie Beauty Elixir
When: Everyday in the morning and at night when you wash your face.
How: Just shake it, spritz it on and let it dry for a few seconds.
What's so great about this, it kind of smells weird: The weird smell is a result of it being almost 100% plant based, also it's cruelty free. Bonus feature, the 1oz size last forever and fits in your purse. spritz some on whenever your face needs a pick me up (i.e. humid weather, a sweaty night out) and you'll get that natural glow back quick.


#3 - Moisturizer

What:Korres 24 Hour Rose Moisturizer (6 SPF)
When: In the morning and right before bed after you wash and tone!
How: scoop a little bit up out of the pot and smooth it all over your face. Allow it to soak in and dry, and feel your skin thank you.
This stuff is expensive, is it really worth it?:Absolutely. Another natural, cruelty free, vegan-friendly product. It has little to no weird smell and really helps to give your skin a great drink. Also, totally lives up to the name, and really does moisturize all day.



#4 - Makeup Remover

What: Almay Oil Free Makeup Removal Pads
When: Whenever you need to take your makeup off or fix your makeup.
How: Remove from container, swoosh around face, be amazed.
Do these even work?: Yes, and they're cheap (you can pick them up at your local drug store). Also, they're oil free so you're not left all shiny and weird after.



So there you have it, my skincare arsenal. It's small but mighty.

No comments:

Post a Comment